Everyone has heard of a vision board, but many people arenât entirely clear on what one is or what it can do for them. A vision board is a visualization and reminder tool consisting of images, affirmations, and quotes that can inspire, motivate, and encourage action.
Many people find vision boards a useful tool in their quest to be successful and to realize their dreams.
- Motivation. A vision board is an easy, fast and effective way to boost motivation. Once a vision board is constructed, a quick glance can regenerate positive feelings and motivation instantly.
- Take care in creating your vision board. The right vision board for you is one that generates positive feelings in you.
- Focus. A vision board is a convenient reminder of what youâre trying to accomplish. Many people lose track of their goals before any significant progress is made. Vision boards serve as a constant reminder of your most important objectives.
- Set your goals. A vision board requires a specific intention. If you donât know what your intention is, itâs not possible to make an effective vision board. Be crystal clear on what you want to accomplish. This is the first step.
- View the vision boards of others. There are so many different style designs and ideas, youâre certain to be inspired by viewing the vision boards of others. There are plenty of photos online that can spark your creativity.
- Decide on a format. You could dedicate an entire wall to your vision. Or make a traditional poster. Perhaps a bulletin board is more your style.
- There are even websites that provide vision board tools. With this option, youâll be able to view your vision board from anywhere in the world.
- Find pictures that represent your goals. A vision board is visual, so youâre going to need some photos, drawings, or paintings that represent your goals. Again, the internet is the easiest way to go if you have a printer up to the task. Otherwise, youâll have to go old school and cut up magazines or use photos.
- Pictures that donât elicit an emotional response will have a limited impact. Choose wisely.
- Choose words, quotes, or slogans. It can be effective to include text in your vision board. Certain words and quotes can also elicit strong emotions.
- Organize everything. Do you like everything neat and lined up? Do you prefer the look of a collage? Itâs up to you. Lay your vision board out a few different ways and choose what feels the best to you.
- Look at your vision board at least twice each day. Just a few minutes is perfectly fine. Clear your mind and focus on the images and words that youâve chosen to represent your objectives.
- Visualize achieving those things. Imagine how great it will feel to finally have those items, experiences, and achievements in your life.
- Add items that appeal to you. As the days pass, youâll have new ideas and come across new pictures and text that youâll want to add to your vision board. Do it! This is a process and not a one-time event.
- List action steps youâve identified as most effective. A vision board is motivating, but itâs insufficient when it comes to changing your life. The actions you take are ultimately what matters. Identify the actions that will make your vision board a reality and actually do them!
A vision board can be a powerful tool for bringing positive change to your life. A vision board is highly motivating and focuses your attention on what you want. Anyone can use this powerful tool to experience more success in life.